6 Tips to Keep Your Spaces Clean and Healthy for Everyone
Having a clean space helps put your best foot forward, but more importantly, maintaining a clean environment in your building can help prevent the spread of illnesses and germs. Clean spaces not only prevent the spread of bacteria and viruses, but it can also help with allergies and other breathing issues. For those who work in your building, you can help cut down on absenteeism due to illness.
Here are six tips to help you maintain a clean environment in your building space.
1 | Cut Down on Clutter
Clutter can make it hard to clean dust and dirt, which can accumulate on all of your surfaces. Minimize your clutter. If you need office supplies within easy reach, consider storing supplies in a closed cabinet to cut down on surfaces out in the open that need to be routinely cleaned of dust and dirt.
2 | Clean and Disinfect Daily
While you may not think you need to clean daily, you really do! In fact, the average office desk harbors more than 10 million bacteria–that’s 400 times more than the average toilet seat! These numbers exponentially multiply every day we fail to clean properly. Daily dusting, vacuuming, and disinfecting (with effective disinfectants) can help keep common spaces, offices, restrooms, lobbies, and more clean and healthy for everyone.
3 | Hot Spot Touch Ups
Hot spots are surfaces that get touched more often than other surfaces in your building (think doors, lobby counters, and faucet handles in restrooms). A single virus can spread around your building in less than four hours, so disinfecting hot spots multiple times a day is a must to keep employees and visitors from getting sick.
4 | Deep Clean on a Schedule
Deep cleaning should be done routinely. Such tasks include, but are not limited to, detailing of light fixtures, switches, and door handles; cleaning behind and under appliances; cleaning drapes; dusting baseboards; and carpet shampooing. Some of these tasks will need to be done once or twice a year and others every couple of months.
5 | Green Cleaning
Harsh cleaning chemicals are bad for the environment and people! Using certified green cleaning solutions is healthier for those with allergies or other sensitivities that can be set off by harsh smells and chemicals. When looking for a commercial cleaning company, be sure to select one that is LEED Certified.
6 | Hire A Commercial Cleaning Company
We know that you are busy and that cleaning supplies and tools are expensive to purchase and maintain! That’s why you need to hire a commercial cleaning company. Here are just some of the benefits of hiring a commercial cleaning company:
- Professional cleaners are trained in proper cleaning and disinfecting techniques, ensuring that your building is cleaned and sanitized properly.
- They offer customized cleaning plans tailored to your exact needs.
- It is more systematic, ensuring nothing is overlooked or duplicated.
- They work with you on a schedule based on your personal needs.
- You can save on cleaning supplies and tool maintenance because they already have what is needed, like electrostatic sprayers for disinfecting sensitive equipment like labs and computers.
- You can take advantage of convenient add-on services like post-renovation cleaning.
- You can reduce maintenance costs as your fixtures, flooring, and more are well cared for, extending their lives.
- They can keep your space clean throughout the day with day porter services.
If you are ready to hire a commercial cleaning service to keep your building environment healthy and clean, give us a call to learn what we can do for you! AK Building Services is Florida’s dependable commercial cleaning provider. We have a comprehensive portfolio, from offices to hospitals, and are LEED Certified.