Regular Cleaning Routines to Help Your Business Put Its Best Foot Forward and Keep Everyone Healthy
Car dealerships are known for pristine, gleaming experiences. What people DON’T always think about is the fact that hundreds and thousands of people touch the surfaces all day long. Test driving, sitting in vehicles, opening car doors, or even just sitting in a chair in the waiting area. That’s a lot of surfaces to make sure are clean and pristine, not just from a health perspective, but from a we-want-to-sell-cars perspective! That first impression matters, now more than ever!
A clean dealership proves your dealership represents quality and high customer service. It also means that you take pride in your business and that you care about your customers, helping you build trust, which can move customers further down the sales pipeline. Here are the cleaning protocols your dealership should be taking to ensure the health and safety of your customers.
Cleaning Basics for Car Dealerships
When you are selling a car, it’s not just the cars that you need to keep clean! Your cleaning protocols should include regular cleaning of all areas, including those used only by employees to ensure they are not spreading germs amongst one another, resulting in higher rates of illness and absenteeism from work. To help put your best foot forward for customers, ensure that public restrooms, service bays, windows, showrooms and lobbies are kept clean. You will need to consider specialized floor care as well.
Let’s dive a little deeper into the cleaning protocols you should be taking to ensure the health and safety of your customers. Your regular cleaning should include:
- General cleaning of surfaces in all public-facing areas, including dusting, disinfecting, and paying special attention to high touch points such as door handles and service counters
- Streak-free washing of display windows
- Floor cleaning, including shampooing of carpets, waxing of hard surfaces and specialized hardwood floor care; specialized care should be taken when it comes to showroom floors to help ensure the longevity of the floor
- Upholstery cleaning of chairs and/or sofas in waiting areas
- Disinfecting of public restrooms
- Cleaning and disinfecting of employee-only spaces to ensure they are not spreading germs to customer-facing areas
The pandemic made many realize just how important it is to keep things clean and sanitary for everyone. During these times, special protocols need to be taken to ensure the health and safety of everyone in your business. This includes:
- Leaving bottles of sanitizers out around the premises for everyone to use
- Wiping down of counters with disinfectant between each customer
- Cleaning partitions daily or more often
- Wiping down and disinfecting of vehicles taken for a test drive after each customer
- Regular cleaning of other high touch points multiple times throughout the day to cut back on transmission rates
- Requiring the use of personal protective equipment, such as masks or disposable gloves while in buildings or vehicles
- Day Porters for even more cleaning check points in a day
Help from the Experts
If there is one thing that this recent pandemic has taught us, it is how seriously we should take our health and safety, even when it comes to protecting ourselves from the common cold and flu. With the right cleaning protocols, we can all be healthy year round and more prepared if or when another pandemic hits.
At AK Building Services, we regularly train our employees so they are using the most up-to-date cleaning protocols to ensure that high-traffic spaces like car dealerships are as clean as possible. We take pride in keeping your business clean and pay special attention to the little details, including the cleaning of baseboards, vents and other often forgotten surfaces. We also have the specialized equipment needed to get the job done right, ensuring the health and safety of everyone in your car dealership. We offer regular cleaning services, day porter services and emergency cleanup. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you put your best foot forward!